Short Bio about Ashley:
I have been riding horses all my life. I started running barrels when I was 7 and it evolved from there. I now show western pleasure, hunter under saddle, jumping, dressage, and still run several speed events. I became involved I'm the meat goat project through 4-H. This will be my fifth year showing goats.
Dairy cows are my latest adventure. I decided to give it a try during my last year in 4-H. I drew a red Holstein named Peaches at the project kick-off. Showing Livestock has helped me learn many skills and has made me who I am today.
Ashley's favorite thing about showing livestock:
My favorite part of showing livestock would be all the friends I have made all over the state of South Carolina. I have so many crazy stories and memories from all the different shows that I will never forget. From the long hauls half way across the country to local shows, showing livestock wouldn't be the same without my best friends in the ring with me.
Ashley's biggest accomplishments showing livestock:
I would say that my biggest accomplishment in showing livestock would be qualifying for the Southern Regional 4-H Horse Championship show on my newest show horse, Docs Twisted Eagle.It's a big accomplishment because we had only showed dressage at one other show and I never expected us to qualify
in the dressage division. I was very proud of how he rode during the test and the compliments that the judge gave us were very encouraging.
No comments:
Post a Comment